Wish List

Q/A about D-Wall, D-Roof, D-Floor/ Ceiling, D-CAM
Odpowiedz na tematOdpowiedz na temat Wersja do druku
Idź do strony Poprzedni  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Następny

Re: Wish List

Pisanie Nadesłano: 24.06.2006 14:43

Hi Mike

To take your points one at a time:-

Openings which are doors should display the leaf on the side and direction you defined when putting it in. Openings by definition will not have leaves.

There is a user defined MOS structure where you can create your own MOS's. I find this very useful to isolate individual parts of a building which may not necessarily be in the same building MOS. I guess the building MOS has to be automatically named to avoid errors - like having two ground floor wall 3's for example.

Not sure I fully understand this. You can create an empty user defined MOS and set it to current.

You can add manual names to beams in the designation field. It will store them within the project but not globally. I agree, this would be good and I have been asking for it for a long time.

Do you mean profiled beams etc. If so I agree again, currently you have to plot coordinates which is tedious and time consuming.

Yeah, curves will - for the foreseeable future - will alway be a series of straight lines (apart from assistant geometry and PlanCAD). Again a bit of a pain. In open GL you could try turning off the lines - right mouse click - render - option 3.

Yes this again would be cool - for all timbers actually, not just logs. I don't know if this is planned - perhaps Joachim will enlighten us!!!

On the second part of your post:-

I agree, a time tracker would be good. I have written a small Access database which records all my time very accuarately, and in all aspects of my work - not just using Dietrich's.

Release 6.0 when it comes may well help you as you will be able to edit in an Open GL mode.

Absolutely - been asking for this for ages - can't be that tricky, just a question of fitting it into the schedule I suppose.

You can zoom with your mouse wheel in Release 5.04. Try checking your mouse settings.

Hope some of this helps.

Cheers

Rob

Rob Cullen

Skąd jesteś: Buntingford, England

Pisanie Nadesłano: 24.06.2006 15:25

Rob Cullen:
There is a user defined MOS structure where you can create your own MOS's.
This feature is in Dicam full version only Płaczący lub bardzo smutny

Der_Planer
Power-Experte
Power-Experte

Skąd jesteś: 51674 Wiehl

Pisanie Nadesłano: 24.06.2006 15:30

Hi Planer

Yes, I had forgotten about that. I don't know what version Mike has - perhaps he has the full version, but didn't realise you can create user defined MOS's Uśmiech

Rob

Rob Cullen

Skąd jesteś: Buntingford, England

Pisanie Nadesłano: 15.08.2006 07:03

I would find it useful to have an addition to the tenon tool (3-01-4) where the tenoned timber could be reduced in size at the joint as is common with American "square rule" layout system. Ideally there would be the option to have a reduction on 1, 2, 3 or all sides of the timber.

Peter Henrikson
Vielposter
Vielposter

Skąd jesteś: Minnesota

Pisanie Nadesłano: 06.09.2006 23:47

To clarify my last post, when there is any reduction in a beam, the tenon function does not recognize the reduction and creates a housing the full size of the beam Smutny (see attachment). I'd like to see the tenon tool recognize the reduction and make the housing the correct size for the reduced beam.

The ideal Drwiący would be a housed tenon tool which also made the reductions in the beam. Maybe this is too much to do in one step...

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Henrikson
Vielposter
Vielposter

Skąd jesteś: Minnesota

Pisanie Nadesłano: 07.09.2006 02:17

This would be very helpful if they could do this.
One way I work around this is to open the processes box on the post and modify the housing and the mortise to the shorter sizes and then it will look right......

Version 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

Jim Rogers
Super Extrem Poster
Super Extrem Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 07.09.2006 17:02

Hi Peter,

I have put the "save" button for the user defined tenon on the wish list. We will also check how the reduction problem can be considered in the Software, but it seems as if this will be very much effort.

Jens Krause
Hyper-Poster
Hyper-Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 18.09.2006 11:54

I have been using Dietrichs for only 1½ month. But already from the beginning I was very happy for the program - it is really a very nice program!! I like it very much!!

I have a few things for the wish list at this moment - maybe I forgot about some things I have been thinking about, but then I can add it later. Some of the wishes can have been mentioned earlier.

1. Saving pictures from OpenGL in the same way as you save a Word file - by opening the directories on the computer and giving the picture a meaningfull name.

2. In wall design - in stead of opening wall list to choose a wall - maybe in a area at the bottom or at the right side of the screen, all walls are shown in a list of sheets - like the worksheets in Excel, where you can choose a wall directly. And the ability to choose between to views - a simple list wall 1, wall 2 etc. and a list with a small preview. And of course still the preview of the building where you can see where is the wall.

3. Exporting wall design to drawings: It would be nice if it was possible to select all walls or a number of walls (for instance in the worksheet list as mentioned in (2) ) - and then export all wall designs to drawings with the same predefined settings. That is settings as scale, the position of the wall drawing at the sheet, the position of timberlist etc. Because making wall drawings now take some time and is a boring job if you have many, many walls.... And maybe even while exporting drawings a automatic headline text in the predefined page header like: "Groundfloor, wall 1" or "xxxxx, wall 1" where you self can define "xxxxx"

4. Intelligense betwwen the program (ground floor plans, wall design t.ex.) - when you make changes t.ex. in the wall design the changes are automatic updated in the drawing. And maybe adding an automatic text "this drawing was changed 18-09 2006, 10:37" so when you look through the drawings you can see where you should add revisions if necessary.

5. The possibilty to copy walls (with timbers) directly in ground plan. The function could be like wall macro that is a nice feature, just more automatic and working in ground plan.

6. In wall macro to get a warning when selecting a wall to copy - if the two walls are not exactly equal - and then you can choose to skip the function.

7. Automatic doing shoulders from posts in both beams in double beams (or maybe even trible beams).

8. A more flexible way to change projectnumber and name.

Well I can't remember more wishes for now. But I must say that this Software is already VERY GOOD!!! Applause

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 18.09.2006 15:46

I just thought about something more:

9. I don't like the Di-Cam view, it is (almost) useless, to my opinion. Why not put openGL view and Dicam together, to make it possible to work in the rendered mode

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 19.09.2006 14:47

10. More flexible when working with user defined templates in D-Cad. Maybe I am not doing it in correct way, but in the list of drawings the name of all drawings is just A3 template or something like that - I would like the name I define in Dietrichs program to follow into D-cad. And in some cases the scale factor is not a choice.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 19.09.2006 16:49

To wish 9
With version 6 we have the optional modul OpenGL workspace. there you are able to work in OpenGL view.

To wish 10
With version 6 you will get the plan-info. Each plan can get an info which is shown in the list of the plans and it can be used with the keywords. What is missing until now and we won't get it until the Update is an automatic info for each plan. This planed to do but there is not enough time for this year.

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Skąd jesteś: Neubiberg

Pisanie Nadesłano: 23.09.2006 16:29

11. As there is a wall macro a "ceiling macro" could also be very useful!! Puszczający oczko

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 09.10.2006 23:10

User defined date format in D-CAM, for us who don't use 9-10-2006 but use 10-9-2006.

I thought I had requested this some years ago.....but I can't see to find the email where Wil Dancy of Dietrich's NA asked for my date format input.

It would seem that if we can open a file to change the name of a timber being shown in 2-1-1 inside STABART.frg that it should be easy enough to open a file where "#makedate# is defined and move "display day" and " display month" from one position to another.

It doesn't seem like it's rocket science to move the display label from one spot to another......

I hope I won't have to wait another two years for this, simple change......

Version 20.02 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

Jim Rogers
Super Extrem Poster
Super Extrem Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 25.10.2006 08:38

12. I have thought about a new wish - something that could be very useful: A possibilty to define a cutting plane (horizontal or vertical) in OpenGL and in D-cam in future OpenGL mode. This is useful if you are talking with a costumer about his house and you are showing him the house in OpenGL. Then it can be useful to be able to show a section. The Software "Tekla Structures" have this option - and there is also a special webviewer, that perhaps could be useful for Dietrichs as well.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 25.10.2006 08:58

Hi Thorvald,
there is a choice to do this vertical in the program. Another user wrote the manual in the german forum, here´s the link: user.dietrichs.com/ind...&t=274
Perhaps somebody can translate it for you Puszczający oczko

doug
Mega-Poweruser
Mega-Poweruser

Skąd jesteś: Magrathea
Wyświetl wiadomości z ostatnich:   
Odpowiedz na tematOdpowiedz na temat Strona 3 z 5 Idź do strony Poprzedni  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Następny

Timber Design Modules

Skocz do: