Read the diary blog of
Chris Koehn

Current View Port

Q/A about D-Wall, D-Roof, D-Floor/ Ceiling, D-CAM
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page

Current View Port

Post Posted: 26.01.2009 17:33

Hello,

When a view port is highlighted in green it's current, while working in this view port why does the question come up each time you want to use a new tool is this the correct view port? It would be nice if the view port was activiated this question would not be asked.

Kayaker

Kayaker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Current View Port

Post Posted: 26.01.2009 17:51

This question just appears if you pick a point in an area which belongs to more then one window. If you have more then one window but you pick a point which just belongs to one window the question does not appear. So the question is very good. If the program would not ask you should have to switch the window each time you want to work in another window.
A lot of people for example want to move the texts in different windows. So you just start the function and you are able to move texts everywhere on the drawing.
Another function can help you: With the function 7-8 you are able to zoom one window. In this moment you just see the content of this window and no question will disturb you. With the same function (7-8) you switch back to the whole drawing.

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Post Posted: 26.01.2009 18:00

Thanks Joachim,

I like the tip zoom one view port!

Kayaker

Kayaker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post Posted: 29.01.2009 13:52

Is it not so that if you do a function inside the main window, no questions are asked? Only if you do a function inside secondary windows you will be asked. That's how it works with me.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 29.01.2009 18:42

If you want to eliminate the asking of the question select to work in one view port. This makes things faster as there are less mouse clicks to "ok" something......
Georgetown, MA, USA

Version 13.04, 12.03, 11.06, 10.02, 9.05, 8.04, 7.03, and 5.05

Jim Rogers
Super Extrem Poster
Super Extrem Poster

Post Posted: 30.01.2009 03:42

Hello,

While on the subject of zooming one view port I was zoomed in on one view port and created a library element while accessing the library element the program stopped responding. Could the program not be responding because the library element was created while in the zoom one view port mode? I was also capturing a hatch with my library element could this have caused the program to stop responding? Rolling Eyes

Kayaker

Kayaker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Post Posted: 30.01.2009 08:56

I do not realy know it because I cannot reproduce the problem. I think the problem is the hatch because I think I remember that we had a problem with the hatch in the library. But this was some months ago.

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Post Posted: 30.01.2009 23:20

Hi Joachim,

I didn't go back and try to reproduce the problem but I have a feeling it may have been the hatch.

Thanks
Kayaker

Kayaker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Reply to topicReply to topic Page 1 of 1

Timber Design Modules

Jump to: