Strona główna Społeczność Opcje użytkownika Forum

Wybierz język

Český English Français Deutsch Italiano Polski РУССКИЙ

Dietrichs AutoCad (dwg).

Q/A about D-Wall, D-Roof, D-Floor/ Ceiling, D-CAM
Odpowiedz na tematOdpowiedz na temat Wersja do druku

Dietrichs AutoCad (dwg).

Pisanie Nadesłano: 28.11.2008 09:20

I wrote this e-mail to a company with a Cad-program, because I find that the communication dwg --> Dietrichs and Dietrichs --> dwg is a bit difficult and can cause headaches...

"I am very interested in progeCad and I am having a question. I am using another Software called Dietrichs ( see www.dietrichs.com ) 99,9% of my time and I simply love that Software. But sometimes the possibility to open dwg drawings, draw on them, make measurements etc. would be a great advantage. But use $6000-8000 for that? No way! The only disadvantage of this Software is the communication to and from dwg-files. This communication is sometimes useful or even required. The communication from dwg files to my program is necessary, because most architect drawings are delivered in dwg. This is also in most cases not a big problem, because I can convert the dwg files to dxf, that my program can read in 2D. So in most cases this is not a big problem (but sometimes it is).

Would progeCad be able to read the dwg files and safe them as dxf files (version 2000)??

Another thing is from Dietrich to dwg. It is possible to export 2D drawings to dxf, that can be opened in AutoCad. This is possible, but perhaps not perfect since measurements seems not to be transferred (probably because of the nature of the dxf - format). It would be excellent if progeCad could on an instant read Dietrichs 2D drawings directly and then one could safe them as original dwg drawings. Would this be possible??

A third thing could be to convert complete 3D models Dietrichs to dwg and dwg to Dietrichs via progeCad - this could in some cases also become convenient.

If these things are not possible, maybe it would be possible to develop it in coorporation with Dietrichs - especially the convertion from Dietrichs to dwg, because a complete file with all drawings etc. in dwg, is sometimes required by project-holders."

Please give comments, because I cannot be the only one who could have customers / authorities who wants the project in dwg.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Re: Dietrichs AutoCad (dwg).

Pisanie Nadesłano: 28.11.2008 09:50

Hi Thorvald,

in our Version 8.01 that you are going to receive soon, it will be possible to import dwg drawings into Dietrich's the same way you are importing dxf drawings at the moment.
Can you describe the way you create your dxf drawings from Dietrich's? Normally, it is no problem at all to export the measurements!

Best regards,

Jens Krause
Dietrich's

Jens Krause
Hyper-Poster
Hyper-Poster

Skąd jesteś: Neubiberg

Pisanie Nadesłano: 28.11.2008 10:51

Ok, I just tried again and it seemed to work well, with a drawing from PlanCad, export to DXF and open in dwg viewer. Perhaps it was earlier I had problems with it. It seems to work ok, except that it seems to convert the millimeter measurements to meter and I don't know if the drawing in Acad will be 1:1 or "paperspace" size?? Also measurements that are close to each other in PlanCad is not positioned the same way as in PlanCad but are on top of each other in dwg.

What about converting complete 3D model from Dietrich to dwg??

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Pisanie Nadesłano: 28.11.2008 11:08

Hi Thorvald,

if you want 1:1 drawings in dxf format, the easiest way is to store the drawing directly from ground plan, wall design and roof design not "for D-CAD2D" but directly as dxf. You find the dxf files directly in you current project directory after making the storage. If you go the "longer" way via D-CAD2D and export the drawings as dxf, they get the scale according to "paperspace size" as you put it.
Dietrichs -> 3DDWG: Please make sure that 3DDWG or 3DDXF is really the first choice format for what you are going to do. It makes sense to check if e.g. a SAT, 3DS or VRML file can be used more efficiently by the program in which you are going to import the objects from Dietrich's. If you really want 3DDWG, please use our (optional) 3D DXF export. All programs working with dwg files are able to read dxf as well.

Jens Krause

Dietrich's AG

Jens Krause
Hyper-Poster
Hyper-Poster

Skąd jesteś: Neubiberg

Pisanie Nadesłano: 28.11.2008 12:48

Ok, this answer sounds useful, because this was the answer from progeCad:

"Thank you for your mail.

progeCAD can already edit and convert all DWG and DXF files to and from
AutoCAD, this is absolutely no problem.