Read the diary blog of
Chris Koehn

Reinstall Dietrich's

Info about Dietrich's and the Timber Building Business
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Reinstall Dietrich's

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 14:27

I want to uninstall Dietrih's and then to reinstall it. First things first: how do I uninstall de program. I cannot find it in the "Add/ Remove Programs", and I don't find anywhere the uninstall option, not in the Start-Programs, not in the Dietrichs05 folder. What should I do?
And another thing, how can I save all the data bases, and the setting that I've done? This could be very helpful. User

george.ciulei
Vielposter
Vielposter

Re: Reinstall Dietrich's

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 14:46

Hi George,

DO NOT UNINSTALL the program!! All settings will be lost!!

Install the new version as "parallel installation" and take over the settings from your actual version. The install routine will do that for you. It will find all versions, that have a link button on your desktop.
When the new version is running, you can delete the old version by removing the folder. There is no uninstall routine. Attention: DO NOT DELETE the PROJECT FOLDER, if you have any data inside it!

Der_Planer
Power-Experte
Power-Experte

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 14:57

Data base:

In the building data menü you can use 4-0 for data exchange from one data base to an other. You must find your own way to do that.
1. You can import data from the updated Dietrich's data base to your own, or
2. you can install the new Dietrich's data base and then import data from your own data base.

Der_Planer
Power-Experte
Power-Experte

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 15:05

First time I had the Dietrich's v504 installed, and then I've upgraded that with tha versions 6.01 and so all the data bases and setting migrate to the new version. But now I have some problems with the prgram and I presume that a reinstall will do the trick. Plus the Project Data 6.01 doesn't even start now, it just freeze when the logo appears. So I don't know what else to do. Maybe the loss of the setting will not be such a big problem, but I have to do something or else I cannot use the program, or maybe you have another suggestion, I'm open for any other suggestion. Brick wall

george.ciulei
Vielposter
Vielposter

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 15:30

I never did an update installation, only parallel installation, and never had a problem with it.

You can do an independant new installation beside the existing one. That should solve your problems. When it's runnig fine, you can delete the older version some weeks later.

Der_Planer
Power-Experte
Power-Experte

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 15:42

Sorry if I sound dumb, but why few weeks later and not now? Is there an issue that I have to keep in mind?

george.ciulei
Vielposter
Vielposter

Post Posted: 28.03.2007 15:53

When I once made a new installation and worked with it, I saw that f.e. some toolbar settings were not so as I was used to have. Instead of making total new settings, I could look into the old version just for having a template. Maybe there are some other things like this.

Der_Planer
Power-Experte
Power-Experte

Post Posted: 27.08.2007 13:02

I am going to update my Dietrichs - I have v.6.02, but I am going to update it with new modules, and higher level on existing modules.

Earlier I have found that to get the same "program" as before (t.ex. when I installed it on my laptop - the only thing that is necessary to copy from one computer to another is the HRB-folder. Now I am used to have both project and HRB folder outside of the Dietrichs installation folders on the C-drive. Now I have them in different folders maybe on another drive. Then I just change settings / paths in the new installation.

I think I could do the same here. But I am not sure what is the best - parallel installation or update??

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 28.08.2007 07:34

No one can answer this my question??

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 28.08.2007 08:38

Hi Thorvald,

it is not only the "HRB"-Directory that contains personalized files. The easiest way for you to keep all necessary files is to make an "Update" or "Parallel" installation.
The only difference between an Update and a Parallel installation is that after making an Parallel installation you have two different Dietrich's Installations on you computer, while you have only one with an "Update" installation.

Best regards,

Jens

Jens Krause
Hyper-Poster
Hyper-Poster

Post Posted: 28.08.2007 08:42

Ok - perhaps I will use "update". I see no reason to have two versions of the same program.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 28.08.2007 19:11

I have problems with this installation.
--------------
Now I have finally received the Software and new hardlock key. I have problems with installing the program. There have gone something wrong with something, as you can see at the picture (it shows, that the automatic playback of CD is not working). First time there was no problems there. But the installation went wrong. Maybe because I forget to install the hardlock device driver before I put it in the computer?

And after I try to uninstall the hardlock driver, and install again, but then I have to go directly to the setup.exe on the CD, in stead of "automatic play". I try parallel and update, but when I start the program it wants to run like evaluation version.

So now I don't know what to do. I was thinking to delete everything about Dietrichs from the C-drive and from desktop, and then make a new installation. Maybe that will work!? Since I have saved my project-folder and HRB-folder elsewhere than on the C-drive - these things will not be lost. So it will be a minimum I will loose, I think?

I look forward to your quick response.
------------------[/i]

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 29.08.2007 07:38

I can add, that I have already version 6.02, and the new is also 6.02 but updated with some modules I did not have before, and upgrading to premium version etc. Can there be something there?

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 29.08.2007 07:46

Here you see what I get, when I start the CD.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Post Posted: 29.08.2007 07:54

And here is my programs - what will happen if I delete these 3 folders, and then make a new installation??

- DHPDBA
- DIETRICHS06
- DIETRICHS06_02

The last one was because I needed to give it another name during installation.

Thorvald
Tera Poster
Tera Poster

Reply to topicReply to topic Page 1 of 2 Go to page 1, 2  Next

General Info

Jump to: