Read the diary blog of
Chris Koehn

Lots of crashes in 9.01

Q/A about D-Wall, D-Roof, D-Floor/ Ceiling, D-CAM
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page

Lots of crashes in 9.01

Post Posted: 15.01.2010 18:59

Hi All

Installed 9.01 yesterday and have been using it today. Not a very happy experience. I have been working in Wall Design and if I carry out three or four commands and then save my work, and then select another command the program crashes. This is happening all the time.

I have experienced crashes in different projects so I don't think it's me.

Does anyone know if 9.02 solves this problem?

Cheers

Rob

Rob Cullen

Re: Lots of crashes in 9.01

Post Posted: 15.01.2010 20:55

We do not have a general problem in version 9.01 with Wall Design. We did not get such a message of other users. So I am very astonished about your post.
Can you give me some more informations about your crashes? Do you get them with special functions or after the use of a special function?

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Post Posted: 15.01.2010 21:43

Hi Joe

I think it actually might be the project and not the Software, although I did have a crash in another project, most of them have been in one particular project.

It is strange because it is not a very large project, but the position, when packed up, is nearly 3mb - much larger than usual. More than twice the size of another project I have which has four or five times as many beams in it. Is this a product of version 9 or is there something wrong with the position do you think. I think it is too big to attach here, but I will send it to the hotline for them to check out.

Often, what will happen is that I will put in some I beams, and maybe do some cuts, do a save and then it will crash when I try to start another command. If I do three or four commands and then save, then the the program will sometimes (but not always) crash.

Sorry I can't be more specific - I will work on the project more over the weekend and see if I can isolate when the problems occur. This project was created in 8.04.

Cheers

Rob

Rob Cullen

Post Posted: 15.01.2010 22:57

Joe

Just noticed that in the project I am having problems with, this file - _____001.gbd - is nearly 36mb. In other projects this file is much smaller. Is this relevant??

Rob

Rob Cullen

Post Posted: 16.01.2010 11:17

Good News!!

The problem was that I had imported a very large number of lines from a dxf file into ground plan and it appears to be these that were causing the crashes. I have been working for half an hour and not one crash since deleting the lines.

However, this problem needss to be resoloved as it is very important to be able to import dxf's (however large) without affecting the performance of the Software.

Cheers

Rob

Rob Cullen

Post Posted: 16.01.2010 12:07

I thought that you big files could come from a large DXF file and your last post says the same.
It is possible that the problem has something to do with the RAM and the count of steps you save for the undo function.
How big is your RAM and how many steps do you save for undo?

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Post Posted: 16.01.2010 12:28

Hi Joe

I have 8Gb of RAM and use only 10 undo steps.

Cheers

Rob

Rob Cullen

Post Posted: 16.01.2010 17:16

8Gb?
Which operating system do you have? Do you have a 64bit system?

Joachim Neumann

Post Posted: 16.01.2010 17:26

Yes, Windows XP Pro 64 bit SP2

Rob Cullen

Post Posted: 16.01.2010 18:29

Hi, I've a PC Desktop Intel Q6600 - 4GB Ram - Ati Radeon HD3870 512MbGDDR4. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I work on Dietrich's v8.04 without problems. Now, I have install new v.9.01, and when I'm working on, everytimes my system displayed BlueScreen and reboot.Any problems with v.8.04, also if v.9.01 is installed.

audibert
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Post Posted: 18.01.2010 10:08

Joe

Do you know if this problem with dxf imports will be solved in 9.02. I know I have another project to start soon which will again involve importing a large dxf file.

Cheers

Rob

Rob Cullen

Post Posted: 18.01.2010 10:53

We do not know anything about a general DXF problem. We just can try to reproduce problems with the files of the users when they have problems. To solve a problem we first must be able to reproduce it.
You have to consider that we now import a lot of objects which we did not import until version 8. So now the amount of objects can be much more bigger.
You can send you file to the hotline and we will have a look at it.

Joachim Neumann

Post Posted: 18.01.2010 14:50

audibert:
Hi, I've a PC Desktop Intel Q6600 - 4GB Ram - Ati Radeon HD3870 512MbGDDR4. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I work on Dietrich's v8.04 without problems. Now, I have install new v.9.01, and when I'm working on, everytimes my system displayed BlueScreen and reboot.Any problems with v.8.04, also if v.9.01 is installed.
Any idea??

audibert
Einsteiger
Einsteiger

Post Posted: 19.01.2010 09:14

No idea.
If you install the version 9 parallel to version 8 the version 8 is not changed.
You do not give us informations about your problems with version 9. Currently we do not have any special problems with version 9. The problem of Rob is the first time we hear that and we will have a look at that. Our problem is to reproduce a problem before we are able to solve it.

Joachim Neumann

Reply to topicReply to topic Page 1 of 1

Timber Design Modules

Jump to: