Block ein- oder ausblenden

Recalculation of Post Heights in Roof

Q/A about D-Wall, D-Roof, D-Floor/ Ceiling, D-CAM
Neue Antwort erstellenNeue Antwort erstellen Druckbare Version

Recalculation of Post Heights in Roof

Posten Verfasst am: 09.10.2009 15:33

Hello,

I like to input many of my posts using the roof module. I put the plates in first, then add the posts where required. When you input the posts, you can choose the height that you would like them to end at (ex: for posts that you would like to support a roof, and end at the second floor height).

My problem comes when I make changes to the roof and recalculate the Roof Design (5-9). All the posts that I have set at a height other than Zero recalculate to end at Zero.

I have tried using the TE Plate setting on post input but this always just seems to go to Zero...

Does anyone know how to keep the post height settings after the Roof Design is recalculated?

Thanks,

Dan

dandepoe
Intern
Intern

Re: Recalculation of Post Heights in Roof

Posten Verfasst am: 09.10.2009 16:06

Hello.

I tried to reproduce that but I couldn't. I entered a post which ends in a height of 2m. After recalculation of the post still did end in a height of 2m. I too changed the slope of the roof and did recalculate ist but it was the same.
The cuting of the lower end of the posts keep their global height. This is what they should do.
If you still have an error with this please give us your project (the position).

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Posten Verfasst am: 09.10.2009 16:57

Joachim,

Thanks for the reply. I have started a new project and I am also trying to recreate the error. I can't do it either. It seems like it happens late in the project, maybe after I recalculate the roof and the program is asking me if I want to separate plates (if intersecting roof surfaces have been inputted?). I will pay more attention to when it happens and post a position when the time comes.

Thanks,

dan

dandepoe
Intern
Intern

Posten Verfasst am: 20.10.2009 18:08

I have attached a position.

I have just lowered the roof by 2 feet, and I am recalculating Roof Design. When I do this, one post is recalculated to zero, and another plate and posts disappear.

What is happening here?

Thanks,

Daniel

dandepoe
Intern
Intern

Posten Verfasst am: 20.10.2009 20:03

I can reproduce the problem but I do not find the reason. It seems so as if the id number of the roof faces have changed and because of this the program does not find anymore the roof faces the plates belong to.
Do you have the position with the situation before your changings.

if (ahnung == 0) { read "Tipps & Tricks"; use SEARCH; use Blog; } else { use brain; make post; }

Joachim Neumann

Neue Antwort erstellenNeue Antwort erstellen Seite 1 von 1

Timber Design Modules

Gehe zu:  

Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst keine Dateien anhängen.
Du kannst keine Dateien herunterladen.

Alle Zeitangaben sind in GMT + 1 Stunden